The ultimate soft skills diplomatic leadership training that fully engages a global audience.
Make an impact using story telling techniques online and offline to make you more influential, more credible, more investable.
The Diplomatic Leadership Training is a unique blend that combines diplomatic strategies, the techniques of non-verbal communication, and the art of storytelling to captivate an audience in wanting to support and work in your country. How you are seen and heard influences people’s perception. Your ability to come across as engaging, impactful or authoritative is determined by the perception of how people see you. These essential skills are rarely taught at work or education until now.
Who is the Diplomatic Leadership workshop and training for?
The Diplomatic Leadership workshops are ideal for practitioners who are engaged with people from different cultures and nationalities, and have difficulties:
- bringing in new prospects, investments and deals from abroad
- working with challenging stakeholders from various nationalities
- engaging in public speaking and have no personal brand
- re-igniting their passion for their career and personal development
- reaching their goals and aspirations
- controlling feelings of being overwhelmed or unmotivated
- applying practical tools that could improve their skills as a leader in their sector
What we offer
1. Diplomatic Leadership Seminar (3-hours)
A three-hour talk led by the CEO of Grassroot Diplomat on any of the following topics:
- How to Craft a Personal Brand in International Relations and Diplomacy
- How to Find a Career Fit in the Field of International Relations and Diplomacy
- How to Influence Governments for your Job
- How to Break National Stereotypes and Public Misconceptions of your Country
Other topics related to practical diplomacy can be conducted upon request. Contact using the form below for more information.
2. Diplomatic Leadership Workshop (2 days)
A full 2-day workshop led by the CEO of Grassroot Diplomat, where participants will learn practical tools, techniques and skills to help them enhance their unique selling point and credibility within the international marketplace. This interactive workshop blends the tools of business diplomacy, non-verbal and digital communications strategies, and stakeholder management at a personal level. You will learn to how to:
- Appreciate various stakeholder interests
- Communicate through storytelling
- Connect to your audience
- Brand yourself effectively
- Be the best version of yourself
- Influence government stakeholders
- Harnesse public diplomacy activities for yourself
- Analyse your strengths and weaknesses
- Answer difficult questions
- Maintain rapport
- Increase the quality of your message
- Project your personality
- Craft digital messaging and influence
- Learn effective forms of trade and investment
Contact using the form below for more information.
3. Diplomatic Leadership Intensive Training (5 days)
An intensive one-week workshop led by three trainers including the CEO of Grassroot Diplomat, expert storyteller actor, and world-renowned NLP trainer. The workshop brings together a highly practical and engaging sessions that teach you how to convey your message in a foreign language to a mixed audience of various agendas. If you want to get investment, build effective stakeholder relations and interact with a wider international audience, you must be seen and heard, and we will teach you how.
Over the course of 5-days, you will learn how to:
- communicate through storytelling
- connect to your audience
- brand yourself
- be the best version of yourself
- understand psychology behind loyalty
- be an empathetic leader
- further your interest with sincerity
- read body language
- answer difficult questions
- maintain rapport
- increase quality of your message
- project your personality
- build different states in the audience
- digital diplomacy influence and strategy
- effective forms of trade and investment
- differentiate diplomats and politicians
- appreciate various stakeholder interests
- safeguard integrity
- harness public diplomacy activities
- utilise soft power advantages
Contact using the form below for more information.
About the Trainers
*Trainers may be subject to change
A trained diplomat, Talyn Rahman-Figueroa is the Chief Executive Officer of diplomatic consultancy, Grassroot Diplomat. As an innovator and a leader in the practices of modern diplomacy, Talyn has been described as a 'change-maker' by the diplomatic corps. She is a heavyweight networker, working closely with top politicians and diplomats to ensure that governments engage effectively with the public on a range of sensitive issues. She recently completed writing the “Diplomatic Planner”, a 500-page self-development workbook for practitioners of diplomacy and international relations, which is due to out in late 2017.
Adrian Kirk is the founder of development training More Than Words, specialising on teaching how to construct a story and how to be an engaging storyteller. Since 2001 Adrian has been delivering training which gives people the confidence to be as good as their job requires them to be. Adrian trained as an actor and has subsequently blended his corporate awareness techniques with acting know-how to create a highly influential form of communication used by many of his corporate clients.
Michael Carroll is the Director of the NLP Academy and the only certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming master trainer in the world. NLP is the practice of understanding of how people organise their thinking, feeling, language and behaviour to produce the results they do. Michael creates a collaborative learning environment where the interplay of conscious and unconscious learning processes fully harnesses the potential of each learner on the course. He has a unique style using metaphor, humour, questioning, and elicitation of altered states.
Request to book
If you are interested in speaking further about the Diplomatic Leadership Training and interested in hosting a particular workshop, please complete the form below. Alternatively, you may wish to email Nina Maxwell at firstname.lastname@example.org for a full training brochure.