Posts tagged 3-Tedtalk
Are you too sensitive? Should you change?

In a culture that is fast-based, overwhelming and impersonal, sensitivity can be confused with weakness. Dr. Azab clears up this confusion and offers hope for the 20% who are highly sensitive and the remaining 80% who share the world with them. She takes you inside the mind of sensitive people by clarifying how their nervous systems might work differently than others. She also convincingly answers the following questions: does high sensitivity predispose sensitive people to psychological problems? Are there any positive qualities related to this trait? And how to make the most out of high sensitivity?

Read More
How to practice emotional hygiene

We have medicine cabinets for common physical injuries like cuts and colds but no toolkits for common psychological injuries such as failure, rejection, guilt, and loss. In his inspirational talk, Guy Winch tells us that “you can’t treat a psychological wound if you don’t know you’re injured”.

Read More
6 Steps to Improve Your Emotional Intelligence 

Sometimes emotions don’t make sense, and sometimes being emotional doesn’t mean you're emotionally intelligent. Growing up, rationality often came before emotions for Ramona, but as she grew older and realized that she had never actively learned how to deal with her emotions and that she wasn’t the only one who lacked this skill, she knew she had to change something.

Read More
How to Deal with Difficult People

From co-workers and colleagues to friends and family, we are faced with challenging relationships daily. Unfortunately, we often go about managing them the wrong way. Only by elevating our understanding of behavior and acting through an internalized approach will we be able to master the conflicts created by dealing with difficult people.

Read More
The Price of Shame

In 1998, says Monica Lewinsky, “I was Patient Zero of losing a personal reputation on a global scale almost instantaneously.” Today, the kind of online public shaming she went through has become a constant. In a brave talk, she takes a look at our “culture of humiliation,” in which online shame equals dollar signs — and demands a different way.

Read More
6 Tips To Deal With Negativity

When we make positive changes and pursue self improvement, we sometimes attract negative comments from our friends and loved ones. It doesn't matter if you start taking your fitness seriously, or starting a business, whenever you start to grow there are inevitably people who would like to see you stay the same.

Read More