New Podcast: Video Game Diplomacy from Street Fighter to Overwatch
The practices of diplomacy can be extended into how alternative media portrays countries and nationalities. Having a real country feature in a game is a tool of soft power diplomacy that can influence how players see and engage with the country they find themselves in the game, with a subtle push to help them mentally explore outside of their comfort zone and travel the world. Grassroot Diplomat CEO and not-so-secret gamer girl Talyn Rahman-Figueroa discusses the impact on nation branding and modern depiction of diplomacy in this riveting video game podcast.
Grassroot Diplomat Talks is the monthly podcast produced by Grassroot Diplomat, discussing the practices of diplomacy and international relations in today's modern world. Further information can be found on: www.grassrootdiplomat.org
In case you missed our past podcasts...
- Episode #1 - Limitations to Joining the Diplomatic Foreign Service
- Episode #2 - Self Development in Diplomacy and International Relations
- Episode #3 - Diplomats in the Private Sector
- Episode #4 - Alternate Routes to Diplomacy
- Episode #5 - National Versus Ethnic Loyalty in Diplomacy
- Episode #6 - Diplomacy is Served
Thank you for listening!
Are you ready to shape the modern world of diplomacy? If so, let us know your thoughts and ideas by tuning and commenting on iTunes, Blubrry or SoundCloud. This helps us get the word out and give other people the opportunity to benefit from our work. Please leave a review and share this podcast with others. Your input and support is valuable.