New Podcast: Women in Diplomacy
The assumption that people in leadership positions are male is a big problem in the diplomatic field. Women have to try a lot harder to be successful for half the reward and that is the reality of patriarchy. As a traditionally male domain, existing power structures within the diplomatic infrastructure actually reinforced gender inequalities. Openly discriminatory practices made it difficult for women to enter diplomacy at the highest position. Grassroot Diplomat CEO Talyn Rahman-Figueroa highlights key points of gender inequality to her new book “Women in Diplomacy” and sheds some light on the challenges of women face in the diplomatic field.
Grassroot Diplomat Talks is the monthly podcast produced by Grassroot Diplomat, discussing the practices of diplomacy and international relations in today's modern world. Further information can be found on: www.grassrootdiplomat.org
In case you missed our past podcasts...
- Episode #1 - Limitations to Joining the Diplomatic Foreign Service
- Episode #2 - Self Development in Diplomacy and International Relations
- Episode #3 - Diplomats in the Private Sector
- Episode #4 - Alternate Routes to Diplomacy
- Episode #5 - National Versus Ethnic Loyalty in Diplomacy
- Episode #6 - Diplomacy is Served
- Episode #7 - Video Game Diplomacy from Street Fighter to Overwatch
Thank you for listening!
Are you ready to shape the modern world of diplomacy? If so, let us know your thoughts and ideas by tuning and commenting on iTunes, Blubrry or SoundCloud. This helps us get the word out and give other people the opportunity to benefit from our work. Please leave a review and share this podcast with others. Your input and support is valuable.